Friday, March 6, 2009

Practicing with the camera

I finally put the longer lens on the new camera and took some shots. I am impressed with the lens....my photography talent....not so much.

Here is Bill's new toy. He has had it in parts all over the garage floor for the past month or so. Look! He is driving it! That means that all the parts (or most of them) are back inside the engine and even though it is running rough, it is running.

I have been sewing patches on Boy Scout uniforms. We got a new shirt for both Bill and Daniel so it is a lot of hand sewing.

I used Chelsea as a subject. She is NOT supposed to be in this chair.
But she thinks she is the queen of the house.

I need to practice with the depth of field on this lens.

Apparently, this photo lesson was boring.

Yup! Definitely boring.

What? Did you say something?

Then I went outside. My azaleas are blooming. They are so pretty at this time of the year, but Bill is getting ready to rip them out. The plants themselves are ugly most of the year and also are getting sparse.

Here are also some little flowers that I swear I pull up every fall and they come back every spring.

6 comments:

Latharia said...

I think you got some great shots! The last one is especially good! Ken & I are still getting practice with our camera, figuring out what it'll do well ... and what the human beings need to do to maximize its potential!

Chiara said...

Oh great pictures. I need to practice more with mine too and yes the blog is very pretty.

crazierinreallife said...

great pictures. tomorrow is photo playing day for me

Dawn Lindstrom said...

Gorgeous photos, and that Chelsea is just so dang cute! I told the Big Daddy that he could get a new toy this spring, and he was shocked.

Johnna said...

Those are awesome pics! Love you new lense and the new blog look!

Dalovely Damanda said...

Hi Karen! Love your practice session with Chelsea! haha