Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas

I have tried this year to make the Christmas season as stress free as I can possibly make it. By having a plan and crossing off SOMETHING from my list every day, I think I have actually accomplished this. I am not stressed out at all. The gifts are bought. My cards were mailed almost two weeks ago. My box that had to be mailed has been at its destination for three weeks. My gifts are mostly wrapped. The house is decorated. Much making of tasty treats has already transpired. I think we might just have to make some more, though. The choir has practiced. Sarah marched in a Christmas parade. Only one last party to attend. And midnight Mass will be beautiful. The only thing that is looming is what to do on the actual Christmas Day. I would like to see family, but it never seems to work out smoothly because everyone has their own idea about what makes that day special. It is hard to mix traditions and even after 19 years of marriage, we still wrestle with who is going to cook and host. I would prefer to host and cook here at our house, but not sure that is going to happen this year. Still working on it.

4 comments:

Lorell said...

The tree looks great. Whatever you guys decide to do, I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Chiara said...

good for you. I love your tree

Dawn Lindstrom said...

Good for you karen!

nfaband said...

Sounds like you certainly had a wonderul holiday season ... hoping that you and yours had an absolutely terrific Christmas Day with many presents, lots of yummies and loads and loads of love.