Bill decided that this was the year to finally use our turkey fryer. We received it as a gift about 5 Christmases ago and never used it. It has been patiently waiting in the attic. Dad helped Bill get the turkey into the hot oil.

It sure did bubble, but they were careful and there were no casualties.

I actually thought that perhaps the turkey was overdone because it was so brown and crispy. But it was VERY juicy and quite tasty.

Here we are getting ready to eat...minus Dad in this photo. We'll see Dad in another photo soon.

Dad had some help eating his dessert from Chelsea!

We also celebrated Daniel's 12th birthday while we had dessert.
8 comments:
Love these photos! I've always been told that the deep fried turkeys come out delicious - I really want to try one someday!
Happy Birthday to Daniel!
glad you had a good thanksgiving. I have always wanted to try a fried turkey. Love your dh's apron :D and happy birthday to daniel!
Happy Birthday, Daniel!!
I'm glad the turkey turned out to be delicious ... and you got to use the fryer! :D
Happy Birthday, Dude!
yummm... i want some fried turkey. i am way too chicken to try to make one myself.
looks like you had a lovely dinner!
Daniel, happy birthday!! I am so glad you had a wondeful day!
Deep fried turkey - YUM!!! MY FIL does his that way all the time. Looks like a yummy Thanksgiving.
Happy B-day Daniel!!!! :)
happy belated birthday!!!
someday I hope to break out our turkey frier
Oh yum ... deep fried Turkey is the best. We had one at my sisters this year (actually they fry a turkey every year) and it was deliciously moist. We may need to get a fryer ourselves.
Sure looks like you all had a nice day.
Happy Birthday to Daniel ... one more year and he's a teen ... gosh our little ones grow so fast.
Post a Comment