Saturday, October 18, 2008
Pie Contest
Last night was our First Annual Harvest Blessings Choir Ministry Pot Luck. It really was quite fun. One of the things that had us going was a pie making contest. The kids really wanted to make pies from scratch. Funny thing, neither one has ever baked a pie before. Daniel made an apple pie and wanted his crust to have latticework on top. Sarah only likes pumpkin pie, so that is what she wanted to bake. I made an Autumn cheesecake and just did it in a pie pan. The kids were amazed at how hard the crust was to make, especially since they don't really like to actually eat the crust. We had fun and here is a result of our pie making. None of us won the contest, but we had fun working on the pies.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
These pies look yummy - we'll take any and all donations :)
Oh my ... I love pie, pumpkin is my favorite but apple is a close second and that cheesecake looks yummy too. How fun it must have been for everyone!
your pies look yummy! keeping my fingers crossed for you rays' what is up w/ them ?
ooh those look amazing.
wow, those all look great. I hate making pie crust too. that is why I have moved onto the pillsbury roll out crust. LOL
love that you all made your own pies! they look YUM!
yummmm!
Post a Comment