
Today was the first day of our 3 day Disney cruise on the Disney Wonder. What an amazing ship! Our stateroom is wonderful and has a lovely veranda. We arrived at Port Canaveral with no problem. Unloaded our suitcases, Bill parked the car in the lot. Just happened to get a spot in the front row. I have a photo of the terminal with our car in it, too! We quickly got checked in and we were allowed to board the ship early. We explored every deck and got a lunch at the Beach blanket buffet. Wonderful, pretty food started right away. At 1:30 we checked out our stateroom. It was all set and our luggage showed up right away. We unloaded it all and explored some more. We had to do a mandatory safety drill complete with life jackets right away and then the ship took off. We waved at folks on the dock and then down the channel as we made it out to the open sea. A funny group of people at a restaurant on the way had Mickey Mouse hands on and were waving at us. Sarah and Daniel LOVED the ship's horn. It plays 'When you Wish Upon a Star' when it blows. We then went to the Good Bye party. It had to be inside because it was raining a bit. It was very crowded and we really couldn't see much, but the music was nice and they gave everyone a streamer thing to wave. Mickey, Goofy and Donald walked right by us and I got a couple of quick photos of them. We discovered snacks on the deck because our dinner was not scheduled until 8:15 p.m. The Golden Mickeys show was amazing. The entertainment on board was very similar to Broadway style shows. Our first night's dinner was at Parrot Cay. It was really good. I had a wonderful appetizer with grilled eggplant, tomatoes and fresh basil. Daniel and Bill had Crab Martinique appetizers. We each had something different for dinner. I had grouper, Bill had a mixed grill, Daniel had pork and Sarah had prime rib. Dessert was creme brulee cheesecake for me while everyone else had ice cream sundaes.
After dinner the kids checked out the kids' programs while Bill and I enjoyed some quiet time sitting on deck in the quieter adult section.
5 comments:
Great shot ... and sounds like a great first day! :D
wow I am so so jealous
again, have I mentioned how jealous I am?! ;)
Love the big screen!!
now that's what I call a big screen TV! cool shot!
Post a Comment