
This is the Sunshine Skyway Bridge. I shot this while driving so it is not the best shot. I have so many memories about this bridge. When I was in high school a big ship hit the old Sunshine Skyway bridge during a very bad storm. The bridge collapsed and many people perished. Even a bus was on the top of the bridge when it tumbled into the water. It took years to rebuild this bridge to a bigger and better one. It is placed in the channel in a better position and also has a bunch of bumpers in case a ship goes astray. There is also a high wind warning system in place and they will shut the bridge if it is too windy.
2 comments:
I remember the collapse of the first bridge...haunts me every time we go over the new one since they made the leftover original into fishing piers. I loved going under the new one on our cruise this past February!
I remember that too. very scary. Great photo of the bridge!
Post a Comment