Monday, July 21, 2008

July 18th, PAD Challenge

We woke up today coming into the dock at Nassau. It was fun to watch the landscape as we arrived sitting on our veranda. The Harbor Pilots are amazing and they come in a little boat right up to the side of the ship to pick him up. In the morning, Daniel wanted to go to his kids' activities while Bill, Sarah and I sat poolside. We got into the hot tub and enjoyed the sun and the relaxing air. After lunch, we decided to walk around Nassau a bit. It was hot! My knee was hurting so I was slow but we did get to go to quite a few stores. We got asked many times if we wanted a taxi or hair braiding which kind of freaked the kids out, but they quickly got used to the confrontation. We found a store called Del Sol that had products that change colors when exposed to UV light. A t-shirt and some nail polish managed to make it home with us.
After our stroll we made it back to the ship. The show on Friday night was Toy Story, The Musical. It was so cute and upbeat. Dinner was at Triton's. This was probably our least favorite menu. It was hard to pick something that we liked. Sarah did try ratatouille and Daniel tried escargot. Sarah liked the ratatouille and Daniel didn't gag on the snails, but he said he wouldn't crave them. LOL!
This was the night of the Pirates in the Caribbean deck party. Everyone got little bandanas and there was lots of dancing around on the deck. They covered the pool with wood and people danced all over the place. Something very cool that happened was they set off fireworks of the aft of the ship right there as we were moving along. Very cool! Sarah and I then found the dessert buffet and had some. Bill took Daniel to his kids' club and Bill decided to relax in the room.

5 comments:

Latharia said...

Super picture ... and I'm proud of Daniel for trying escargot (I don't crave them, either, but I can tolerate them), and for Sarah for trying ratatouillie!

Heather said...

great pic! Daniel is definitely much braver than I am! LOL!

Chiara said...

Good for Daniel not one of my favorite foods but I can stomach it.Great picture

Johnna said...

Love this photo -- awesome flowery, Bahama feel!!

Dalovely Damanda said...

love that photo with the "frame!" love that the kids tried new foods!